Jack McCann, Managing Partner
John P. McCann retired NYPD Detective First Grade, with a career of 27 years. Mr. McCann’s public sector service includes the following:
- Tactical Police Force: This assignment facilitated in effecting arrests in four of the five Counties of NYC excluding Staten Island.
- Detective Division: The Brooklyn North Detective Borough Command resulted in over 50 arrests prosecuted by the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office (all felony arrests).
- 8th District Homicide in the South Bronx: Mr. McCann was responsible as the primary case Detective for over 50 homicide investigations and assisted in over 200 homicides investigations. All of which required trial participation with the Bronx District Attorney’s Office.
- Bronx District Attorney’s Office Squad: Mr. McCann assisted in the preparation of 23 prosecutions of Italian Organized crime members including associate members, Capo’s and one under boss for extortion; loan shacking; and conspiracy to commit murder. 21 of the 23 defendants were convicted.
- Major Case Squad: Based at 1 Police Plaza where he worked city wide with the District Attorney’s office of New York County, Bronx County, Queens County, King County, on the prosecutions of persons arrested for kidnapping for ransom; Bank Robbery; Burglaries in excess of 250 thousand dollars, (i.e. Thefts of jewelry, art, cars); hijackings; Police Office Homicides and cases the Chief of Detectives assigned on an independent basis to the major case Squad.
- Mr. McCann was also deputized as a Federal Deputy Marshal, First by the Marshal Romulo Immundi of Southern District New York and additionally by the Marshals of Eastern District of New York Charles Healy. This was renewed annually by successive Marshals over the period of fifteen years.
- Client: Anthony Siano, Esq. – Supervised team of investigators in a political corruption case in Southern District New York. US v Jeries
- Client: Diageo North America – Lead investigator in theft of products in excess of $300k of liquor by 2 dishonest vendors. Recovered in excess of 30k and received admissions of guilt. The case was prosecuted in NY County District Attorney’s office after they plead guilty.
- Client: Ellen Baken, Esq. – Supervised team of investigators in clearing her client from allegations of sexual molestation. Westchester County D.A. office decline to prosecute her client.
- Client: Grant’s International – Lead investigator as a sub-contractor to a London based investigative company who represented multiple perfume companies in regards to counterfeit goods and product diversion. Investigation was in metro NY area and it led to negotiated settlements between company and miscreants.
- Client: Mark Lane, Esq. – successfully located at least 5 heirs on a case in Newark’s Surrogate Court in New Jersey.
- Client: Perdue – Theft of products by dishonest employees in excess of 30k. Investigation involved surveillance, & interviews. Admissions by employees resulted in dismissal of employees. No criminal prosecution pursued.
- Client: Kool Pak – Threats of physical violence against owner of Kool Pac and employees. The investigation resulted in the author of such threats stopping in making the threats. Civil litigation in Texas resulted in Kool Pak winning the lawsuit.
On a number of occasions Mr. McCann was deemed an expert witness in Federal Court. He was deemed an expert witness in Southern and Eastern District of New York as well Federal Court Newark, New Jersey.
- Judge Eugene Nickerson in Eastern District of New York regarded duo prosecution of John Gotti Sr.
- Newark, New Jersey Fatico hearing of Raymond Resildo.
- Southern District New York, Judge John Keenan
Mr. McCann has been or is involved in the following private/public sector professional organizations:
- American Academy of Professional Law Enforcement
- The Overseas Security Advisory Council
- National Law Enforcement Associates
- National Business Aviation Association
- International Association of Credit Card Investigators
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- The American Society for Industrial Security
- Retired Detectives of the Police Department of the City of New York
- Jewelers Security Alliance
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, retired
- International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers
- Association of Former Federal Narcotics Officers
- National Cargo Security Council
- American Academy for Professional Law Enforcement
- International Association of Asian Crime International Cargo Theft Council Association